I have a Mini with 10.11.6, and my ancient 17” MacBook Pro at 10.6.8 (the only
machine left that will run 4D V11). Bit of a pain to get the drive setup on the
Mini - I have to find a Thunderbolt 2 cable (I have the adaptor for it for
Thunderbolt 3).

Yes, all documents are created as part of the code. Each picture is in a
picture field within the database, and that record also carries the picture
type - either JPEG or BMP.

I think it is memory allocation/recovery as well - 4D needs some time to do its
stuff. The IDLE command, which I have used to good effect on compiled, server
side processes, but since it is stand-alone, interpreted, it is not applicable.
maybe DELAY PROCESS. I’ll tinker with it.

All the images have non-zero size. I can view them within 4D. Extracting them
is getting frustrating.

> On Apr 1, 2020, at 6:26 AM, Chuck Miller via 4D_Tech <4d_tech@lists.4d.com>
> wrote:
>
> One I would at list upgrade to 15.6
>
> Two I would try using an older O/S I would bet 15 does not run well on
> version you listed. I use 10.12 in a VM
>
> Three I would bet it is a memory issue
>
> Why are you using the document command. Have you created the document first.
>
> I assume each picture is in it’s own document. If so I think you can just
> pass the path in and not use Document. You would have HD:folder:Filename.jpg
> or whatever
>
> I might also test file size and if 0 skip it. I wrote code to export many
> more pictures than that and found I had to do it in stages. We also had to
> convert image types as our data was old. If you want I can send you that code
> privately (If I can find it)
>

> Regards
>

> Chuck

> Chuck Miller Voice: (617) 739-0306
> Informed Solutions, Inc. Fax: (617) 232-1064
> mailto:cjmiller<AT SIGN>informed-solutions.com
> Brookline, MA 02446 USA Registered 4D Developer
>       Providers of 4D and Sybase connectivity
>          http://www.informed-solutions.com
> This message and any attached documents contain information which may be
> confidential, subject to privilege or exempt from disclosure under applicable
> law.  These materials are intended only for the use of the intended
> recipient. If you are not the intended recipient of this transmission, you
> are hereby notified that any distribution, disclosure, printing, copying,
> storage, modification or the taking of any action in reliance upon this
> transmission is strictly prohibited.  Delivery of this message to any person
> other than the intended recipient shall not compromise or waive such
> confidentiality, privilege or exemption from disclosure as to this
> communication.
>
>> On Mar 31, 2020, at 11:19 PM, Robert McKeever via 4D_Tech
>> <4d_tech@lists.4d.com> wrote:
>>
>> The database is 4D v15.4, iMac 10.14.6, using a Pegasus 9Tb RAID (sweet
>> drive).

Bob McKeever                      http://www.mswl.com <http://www.mswl.com/>
McKeever's Software Wizardry
Port Coquitlam, B.C.