Thank you everyone who responded. We tried to disable DEP and that did not solve the issue.

The first time the issue arose, it looked like it was running as a service - (the status said it was running), but no one could log into the built server. Clients would receive a -10002 error.

Because the application was needed for production and they were already down for a day+, they reverted back to Win 7.

I'm looking into upgrading their application to the latest version of 4D.

This list has been a wonderful resource during my many years of using 4D. I don't come here often, but when I do... I always find excellent advice. As always, my sincere thanks to all who share their knowledge.

Best regards,
Ken