Most of you will receive this twice as it is going to -announce and
members' email addresses.

57 North Hacklab Ltd. Will be holding our Annual General Meeting (AGM)
at 19:30 on Tuesday  the 24th of April 2018 in the Hacklab, 3rd floor,
35A Union St, Aberdeen, AB11 5BN

Much of the procedure for the AGM (and other things about how we
operate as a company) are laid out in the Space Corp. Directives (see
clause 4) which can be obtained from Companies House or (if you trust me
that they're going to match the official Space Corp. Directives [0]):
https://github.com/hackerdeen/articles/raw/master/hacklab_articles.pdf

Our current membership count is 20, a quarter of 20 is 5 which is
equal to the 5 max needed for quorum under directive 44, so quorum
will definitely be 5 members.

The AGM is intended to be a check that we are sticking to our legal
requirements rather than going through the day to day running of the
space (issues about the day to day running would be better raised on
the discuss mailing list).

This year we are also using the AGM as an opportunity to have a
discussion about the future of the space.

Agenda for the meeting:

 - Election of meeting chair

 - Report on activities since last AGM

 - Treasurer's report

 - Future Plans for 57N

 - Election of directors

 - Any Other Competent Business

We are now accepting nominations for anyone who wishes to stand for
election as a director for the next year. Nominations can be made by
sending an email to 57north-announce@lists.57north.co stating that you
would like to stand (and some explanation of why) before the meeting
or by indicating that you want to stand when we get to that part of
the meeting. Email is not instantaneous, and can be subject to
glitches, so if sending your nomination by email please send it as
soon as possible.

The details of how the election of directors will be conducted will be
up to whoever is elected to chair the meeting (Space Corp. Directives
48, 51 and 52) but will probably be something along the lines of: if
we have less than 5 candidates more nominations will be sought until
we get to 5 or more candidates.  If we have exactly 5 candidates at
the AGM then they will become the new board. If we have more than 5
candidates then we'll have an election to decide who gets to be a
director - previously [0] we've done this with Meek STV via
opavote.org, I'd be in favour of using this method again if an
election is needed.

If any member can't make the meeting there are a couple of things they
can do to participate should they wish to.

Any issues you'd like to have raised at the meeting can be sent to
57north-disc...@lists.57north.co or privately to any of the directors
or to the directors collectively at
57north-ctte-priv...@lists.57north.co (please make it clear you are
sending something you want raised at the AGM) and we will see that it
is brought up.

A proxy can be appointed to vote on your behalf at the meeting (see
Space Corp. Directives 47, 53 and 54). If you would like to appoint a
proxy please send an email to 57north-ctte-priv...@lists.57north.co

Email sent to the 57north-ctte-private address is redirected to all
presently listed directors and is not archived by 57North Hacklab (but
may be by the individual directors).

The email (preferably PGP signed, with a key trusted by the directors to
be yours) should contain:

 - Your name and address
   (as it appears in the register of members (hackhub))

 - Who you would like to appoint as a proxy

 - That this is for the AGM on 24th April 2018

 - If you have any specifications for how the proxy is to act on your
   behalf.

The proxy should bring the same details to the meeting on paper and
signed by the member they are to act as a proxy for.

Remote participation in our meetings is allowed, if anyone who can't
make it to the meeting would like to participate remotely I can set up
a conference call and/or google hangout for the meeting. Any members
who would like to connect via one of these channels should let me
know; I will not set this up unless demand for it is communicated to
me.

If anyone has a different preference for how they would like to
participate remotely: let us know and we'll see what can be done.

[0] The PDF of the articles that I think is the accurate version (what
I last submitted to Companies House for changing them) has SHA256
checksum:
49a1c9c677eaa51da0da8cf5c6b8124be959fd9ff83fb1bbf208a487ca9404b4

[1] https://57north.org.uk/elections/2014/

57North Hacklab Ltd. is a company registered in Scotland (No. SC470230).
57North and 57North Hacklab are trading names of 57North Hacklab Ltd.

Robert (on behalf of the board)

Robert McWilliam     r...@allmail.net    argh.technology

HTTP 4004 Error: Very old CPU, not enough processing power.