Just sent this to Frank Doran.

  Tony.

Registered Office: 3 Donview, Bridge of Alford AB33 8QJ, Scotland (UK)
mob. +44(0)7985 078324        mailto:tony.tra...@minke-informatics.co.uk
--- Begin Message ---
Hi, Frank.

I emailed you a while ago about FLOSS and we spoke once or twice at
Labour party gatherings. I thought you might be interested in this:

http://www.computerweekly.com/opinion/Why-technology-should-be-central-to-political-parties-ideas-for-2015?asrc=EM_ERU_32058056&utm_medium=EM&utm_source=ERU&utm_campaign=20140728_ERU%20Transmission%20for%2007/28/2014%20%28UserUniverse:%20979639%29_myka-repo...@techtarget.com&src=5278698

Government as a platform

Government needs to phase out the hundreds of bespoke pieces of
hardware, software and processes used across the public sector and
replace them with simple, standardised and interoperable building blocks
that can be assembled locally and used repeatedly. Adopting such a
“government as a platform” model, based on open standards, is the only
viable way to reduce IT costs, simplify interactions between different
branches of government, and free departments to work with the best-value
suppliers.

Best wishes,

  Tony.

Registered Office: 3 Donview, Bridge of Alford AB33 8QJ, Scotland (UK)
mob. +44(0)7985 078324        mailto:tony.tra...@minke-informatics.co.uk

--- End Message ---