On 26/10/14 09:44, p...@myflat.org.uk wrote:
> Excuse the slow response; I've been in hospital and I'mk just catching up.
>
> They're not "fake", they're just old.  A CR2032 will die after just over 5
> years whether it's in a motherboard or on the shelf.  The pricing reflects
> how long it is since they left the factory.  Thus, the RS ones are
> guaranteed to have more than four years of "life" left; if they're on the
> shelf for more than a year they sell them on to wholesalers to repackage
> them and sell them more cheaply.  When they've been on the wholesaler's
> shelf for two or three years they sell them on to the likes of Poundland
> for pennies.
>
> Just clarifying... ;-)

Hi, Peet.

I'm not saying that doesn't happen, but I think there are fakes too:

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk%3AButton_cell#Fakes

In any case, I took Rob's advice and bought from RS :-)

Thanks,

  Tony.

Registered Office: 3 Donview, Bridge of Alford AB33 8QJ, Scotland (UK)
mob. +44(0)7985 078324        mailto:tony.tra...@minke-informatics.co.uk