On Tue, Nov 17, 2015, at 17:00, Tanev, Ventsislav wrote:
> For the logging of data I was originally thinking of running a loop
> and constantly sending messages. Then measuring the current
> consumption with the multimeter and getting some average over 20 sec.

The big advantage of simplifying code is that you get to finish
doing work and go back into a sleep state quicker. If you put the
work in a loop you'll always be doing work so you wont get the low
power sleep state.

The advantage of the red pitaya over an arduino would be the much higher
temporal resolution so you can see more of the transient changes in
power usage. I think it's a bit easier to get the data off as well,  but
that could easily be negated if you already know how to do it with the
arduino but need to learn for the red pitaya.

Robert

--
Robert McWilliam      r...@allmail.net    www.ormiret.com

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.