On 10/11/2011 02:55 PM, guerrier wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 8:41 AM, Robin Gareus <ro...@64studio.com> wrote:
>
>> Nevertheless a successor of 64Studio called OpenDAW is sitting around
>> unannounced for some time now. Basically OpenDAW is debian/squeeze with
>> a handful of extra packages which did not [yet] make it into debian.
>

>> I suppose you could try to fix the system deadlock by updating the
>> kernel - if you want to give it a try: get back to me about it. There's
>> a 3.0.6-rt17 in the queue for OpenDAW; but it still lacks some testing.
>
> Do y'all need some testers?  I am already running deb squeeze.

I'm in contact off-list with Daniel about how to best organize this.

The last official kernel is 2.6.33.7.2-rt30-multimedia-1-amd64 which
works pretty stable. I'm actually a bit surprised at the report that it
hangs, but well. It can be anything.

If you want to test, note that linux-3.0.6-rt17+-amd64 still has some
issues with NVidia cards! This is being worked on upstream. The nouveau
driver barfs with the -rt patch; but the proprietary driver works -
after overriding some GPL-only symbols, that is. We can not distribute it.

Anyway, for most audio tasks, the PREEMT_RT patch is no longer required:
Since linux-2.6.39 threadirqs is available in the vanilla kernel.

robin