Hi All,

I am reading the SF0-02 version which is just released few days ago.

In the SF0 Allocation Policy section, the policy said

   1.  If REQUIREDCELLS<(SCHEDULEDCELLS-SF0THRESH), delete one or more
       cells.
   2.  If (SCHEDULEDCELLS-SF0THRESH)<=REQUIREDCELLS<=SCHEDULEDCELLS, do
       nothing.
   3.  If SCHEDULEDCELLS<=REQUIREDCELLS, add one or more cells.

Personally thinking, add/delete one cells may call the sixtop many times
which is not efficiency, add/delete more cells is not clear to the
implementer.
I guess there is a decision to say when to add one cell and when to add
more cells. But I didn't find it in SF0 draft.
Is there any reason why we doesn't say specific number of cells?

If no, I think we can add/remove the number of cells to make sure the
scheduled cells equals to the required cells plus half of SF0THRESH, which
will help stabilize a little bit of the SF0, in case the sixtop is calling
too often.

Which means: if SCHEDULEDCELLS<=REQUIREDCELLS:

1. when there is no cell in the schedule add one cell
2. when there is at least one cell in schedule, add
REQUIREDCELLS-SCHEDULEDCELLS+(SF0THRESH+1)/2 number of cells

if REQUIREDCELLS<(SCHEDULEDCELLS-SF0THRESH))

1. When required cells equals 0, remove all cells but keep one in schedule
2. when required cells is greater than 0, remove  SCHEDULEDCELLS-
REQUIREDCELLS-(SF0THRESH+1)/2

Does this make sense?

Tengfei

--
Chang Tengfei,
Pre-Postdoctoral Research Engineer, Inria