Qin,
      I do agree, and I interpret that I have expressed that as the timeout
for the full transaction. In the graph, Node B should not send any response
packet after the timeout has expired. A full transaction is composed either
by two messages or by three messages.
      From the difference you mention from ttl to timeout, just replace the
ttl
with timeout. I probably used them interchangeably when I should have not.
       Thanks for the remark,

                                         Diego