@Michael, @Christian

I am re-reading RFC7252, Section 5.7.2:

Unless a proxy is configured to forward the proxy request to another proxy,
> it MUST translate the request as follows: the scheme of the request URI
> defines the outgoing protocol and its details (e.g., CoAP is used over UDP
> for the "coap" scheme and over DTLS for the "coaps" scheme.) For a
> CoAP-to-CoAP proxy, the origin server's IP address and port are determined
> by the authority component of the request URI, and the request URI is
> decoded and split into the Uri-Host, Uri- Port, Uri-Path and Uri-Query
> Options. This consumes the Proxy-Uri or Proxy-Scheme option, which is
> therefore not forwarded to the origin server.

I suppose you are referring to this implicit configuration of the proxy
that would forward to the JRC anything received on a link-local address, if
the request does not have the Uri-Host option?

It seems to be OK, and doesn't prevent much of the CoAP proxy functionality
for other purposes. I am waiting for the confirmation from Christian of
there is any other RFC7272 pitfall with this before doing the changes in
the draft.

I kind of liked the 6tisch.arpa "thing", but no argument with ~13-byte
savings :-).

Mališa

understood so far sar the CoAP URI host is the same as the http host: