Rob Pike wrote:

>  I have lots of other examples of lesser disasters. As code grows,
>  white space indentation becomes ever more problematic. It's a
>  maintenance disaster.

I beg to differ, at least when it comes to my experience working w/
Python.  I work day in and day out on a 50,000+ line Python
application and can't recall a single bug that was caused by
whitespace indentation.  But granted Python is better hand-written
than generated...

Working on a constantly moving code-base I've experienced more
problems due to Python's dynamic typing, but that's a double-edged
sword and on balance it's still a big plus.

  John