> According to arg(2), that's not a good idea.
>        "ARGF must be called just once for each option that takes an
> argument."

Who are you going to believe?  Me or that lying man page?

> See if your code works.

I'm not your code monkey.  You mentioned that you
didn't know how to do something; I pointed out how.
If you are skeptical about my suggestion, why not
give me the benefit of the doubt, at least for a minute,
and try it yourself?  (It was two lines of code!)

Your posts often feel like knee-jerk responses.
This is a mailing list, and it goes to a lot of people.
Instead of replying immediately, you might consider
putting in a few extra minutes of work to gather and
include actual technical content.  For example, you could
try the code I posted and say "that doesn't work for me",
posting a tiny sample program and its output.
Or you could try it, find that it *does* work, and say
something like "Apparently that does work,
but I'm worried about this line in the man page."

Telling me to try it, when you're the one who actually
has a use for the code, is just the pinnacle of laziness.

Russ