On Sat, Sep 13, 2008 at 3:45 AM, Michaelian Ennis
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 13, 2008 at 12:11 AM, Bruce Ellis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> I don't know how you get the source but it is a cool program.
>>
>> It can simulate itself simulating itself simulating another program.
>> Lotsa cool stuff.
>>
>> http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=107172.107190&coll=GUIDE&dl=GUIDE
>
> I couldn't find the source to CIN but I did find cint.
>
> http://root.cern.ch/twiki/bin/view/ROOT/CINT
>
> It complied and ran on my mac no problem.  My examination of it was
> cursory though.

I used CINT only together with ROOT and personally felt using C++ as a
interpreted language a little weird; no technical remarks here, only
personal ones, tho.

Anyway, as far as I could tell, people I know who work with ROOT on a
more daily basis write the programs as usually they do with C++ the
only difference being that they aren't compiled. They don't seem to
use the interpreter as much as programmers from other languages
considered as interpreted do.

iru