On Wed, 2008-12-03 at 16:29 +0800, Fernan Bolando wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I am not sure if anybody here reads Sci-Fi novels. Any recommendations?

Here's my personal top 10:
  * http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_to_Be_a_God
  * http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roadside_Picnic
  * http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Definitely_Maybe_(novel)
  * http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Time_Wanderers
  * http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Doomed_City
  * http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_%22%D0%9F%22
  * http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solaris_(novel)
  * http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C5%82os_pana
  * http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rendezvous_with_Rama
  * http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gal%C3%A1pagos_(novel)

3 of them are Slavic authors and some things do get lost in
translation. But be it as it may, the level of insight into
human psyche they offer seems to be unparalleled.

Thanks,
Roman.

P.S. Take a special note of "Generation P" -- embedded in there
is the best explanation of they concept of money in the 21st
century. Was it a mandatory read on Wall Street during early 200X?
I don't know. But the cynical view on this current financial
crisis suggests that it was.

P.P.S. And there are reasons to believe that this one:
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_City_(1998_film)
was ispired by "The Doomed City"