> In other thread (probably long) ... we need think about to support any
> emulated software. We are not many people and write drivers is a hard
> work. I am not sure what is the rate of 9fans using real/emulated hardware.

Ron seems to do all the necessary exploring of novel VM approaches,
bless his soul.  In an ideal world, I believe that
(para)virtualisation should be founded on Plan 9, allowing the Open
Source kernels to exploit the simplicity of the Plan 9 device driver
interface, but reality is otherwise.  Unfortunately, in the same
reality it is unprofitable to invest in improving the foundations for
better Plan 9 support: what we all want is better served by Windows
and Linux applications.

What is missing is an understanding that the current way is much too
complex and is not getting any better.  As soon as Joe Public realises
that there is a price to pay for the superfluous complexity,
conditions may change.  Problem is, there is an even steeper price to
be paid to get Joe Public to figure this out.

++L