> I just had to edit a file which has very long lines having >1000
> 'words' seperated e.g. with a TAB character. I had to find say 1000th
> word on such a line.
>
> In vim, it's easy. You use '1000W' command and there you are.
> Can the same be achieved in sam/acme? The main problem for me is the
> repetition --- i.e. how to do sth. known number of times...
>
> Thanks
> Ruda

It's horribly inelegant, but I have occasionally done the following:
Suppose I want to repeat the command xyz 64 times.  I type xyz,
snarf it and paste it three times.  Then I snarf the lot of them,
and paste three times.  Then I snarf that and paste three times.
Ugly as hell, but it does work.
--
John Stalker
School of Mathematics