Thanks for the suggestions. Basically you propose breaking the line
into many lines, navigate using lines, edit, and then go back. That's
possible and manageable.

There is probably no need for having sth simple for this particular
task, however, generally thinking about it, being able to repeat
either a regex or a command known number of times might be quite
useful for me. (Then the task would be trivial.)

Thanks
Ruda

PS.:
Btw., as I said some time ago, files like mine do appear really often
in any (perhaps non-computer) science --- physics, medecine,
biology... There it is not so weird, but a necessity.