if the amount of text in the window is relatively small, then
just selecting all the text by dragging from start to end
and chord cut/paste is usually fastest.

when there's lots of text, it can be better to
select all the text by typing ":," in the tag and
right-clicking it; then middle click "Snarf" to
copy it to the snarf buffer.

I select it (by drag or :,) and press escape for cut (and then paste it back in again if it's to copy)

Though in doing this I often find myself pressing Esc in shell windows and not getting what I wanted.

Also often you'll see my hand move towards the mouse and return to the kb because I changed my mind or be hovering somewhere over the numeric keypad waiting for my brain to decide what to do with it.

Also I have two mice connected to my computer, one with a scrollwheel and one without.

I've also got a perfit mouse which has no scroll wheel on the middle button but two for use with the thumb, sadly the one I picked up cheap (i.e. $30 !) is a little too large for my girly hands.

And one of these one handed keyboards : http://www.proweb.co.uk/~matt/maltron.jpg

Though I'm not up to any kind of speed with it, and I want to keep my eyes open for a left handed one instead (or get better with a left handed mouse).