In recently-updated Cygwin (under WinXP), I got several dozen of these
warning types ...

In file included from regex/regcomp.c:2:
./regexp9.h:8: warning: weak declaration of '__p9l_autolib_regexp9'
not supported

... before a compile error ...

regex/regcomp.c: In function `regcomp1':
regex/regcomp.c:487: error: invalid lvalue in unary `&'
regex/regcomp.c:487: warning: implicit declaration of function `p9setjmp'
make[1]: *** [regex/regcomp.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/d/Profiles/cjc040/opt/src/9base-3/lib9'
make: *** [all] Error 2

... with this code (line 487 is the if line).

        if(setjmp(regkaboom))
                goto out;

This project is welcome, for two reasons significant to me.  A minimal
subset of the scripting tools means I can stop maintaining ksh scripts
for machines that I don't want to install plan9port on (eg lab
machines I won't use often.)

For me, plan9port won't extract fully from its tar file (even if I
extract and repackage it) on my brain-dead Windows+Cygwin laptop at
work.  The plan9port distribution works fine on a Linux machine, so I
assume it's Cygwin (I do have enough disk space free).  Maybe I should
try hg when I'm not behind the firewall, to download the whole
distribution file-by-file.

Jason Catena