2009/8/13 Bela Valek <bval...@gmail.com>:

>> Presumably this is because ssh is sshv1
>> but bitbucket requires sshv2.
>>
>> Russ
>>

> Correct me if I am wrong, but an sshv2 server is also providing sshv1
> too. Maybe when the Plan 9 ssh client is facing sshv2, instead of
> shutting down with an error, it should try sshv1, or wait until its
> offered, i am unsure about the mechanism here. Just an idea, I am
> really not an expert here.

OpenSSH can support v1 and v2, whether it is configured to is a local option.

man sshd_config

  :
 Protocol
             Specifies the protocol versions sshd(8) supports.  The
possible values are ‘1’ and ‘2’.   Multiple versions must be
             comma-separated.  The default is “2,1”.  Note that the
order of the protocol list does not indicate preference,
             because the client selects among multiple protocol
versions offered by the server.  Specifying “2,1” is identical
             to “1,2”.

  :

The /etc/ssh/sshd_config supplied by default with many (most?) linux
distributions seems to be configured to only allow v2.  If you're the
administrator or on good terms with the admin. you may be able to
reconfigure your SSH to allow v1 connections, otherwise get to work on
the p9 ssh v2 port.

--
Adrian