> So, I guess that means venti+fossil+cpu on one headless machine in
> some forgotten corner of the datacentre.

regardless of one's terminal accomidations, i still think it makes
a lot of sense to have a stand-alone fileserver.  it really does stink
if your fs goes down for no reason at all.  this is especially true if
you're doing a lot of experimenting or don't have a proper terminal.

in fact, i think it makes sense to devote two machines to one's
fileserver.  one diskless fileserver and an coraid storage appliance. :-)

shameless, aren't i?