In article <8ccc8ba40909020243o275a0340jfea84860a5d2c...@mail.gmail.com>,
Francisco J Ballesteros <n...@lsub.org> wrote:
>On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 10:04 AM, Anant Narayanan<an...@kix.in> wrote:
>> Mac OS 10.6 introduced a new C compiler frontend (clang), which added
>> support for "blocks" in C [1]. Blocks basically add closures and anonymous
>> functions to C (and it's derivatives). Full details with examples are in the
>> linked article. I think the feature is quite elegant and might be useful in
>> cases where you want map/reduce like functionality in C.
>>
>> How much effort would it be to support a feature similar to blocks in 8c
>> (and family)? What are your thoughts on the idea in general?
>
>IMHO, I'd say C is C and I think it's better to leave
>it as it is.  If you want a language with extra features you can
>probably find one.

Just to throw a wrench out: A problem with that, if it is so, is that
"Ken C" has already delved there, whether we're looking at it
from "C is C" as "K&R C", C89/90, C99, or something in the middle :)
--
Greg Comeau / 4.3.10.1 with C++0xisms now in beta!
Comeau C/C++ ONLINE ==>     http://www.comeaucomputing.com/tryitout