If the language can't be explained in 50 pages, it's no good.

On Sep 3, 2009, at 5:01 AM, tlaro...@polynum.com wrote:

On Thu, Sep 03, 2009 at 04:24:50AM -0700, Skip Tavakkolian wrote:

i think by now most of us expect new ornamentation added to C++
periodically. it is surprising that this is being considered seriously
for C.

I'd like to say that my distate for C++ is purely technical, but to be
honest, I'm not quite sure.

I have the principle that, since a programming language aims to express clearly what you want to be done, if the author doesn't explane clearly
his language, there is a problem.

K&R is beautiful in this respect. In contrast, I never managed to
bite in Stroustrup's description.

But the whole story is that, during my childhood, there was the
Muppet's. And a character was a swedish cook, whose name was almost
impossible to pronounce, whose recipes were not understandable, and
whose results were not engaging.

And I fear that, behind the conscious, this has played a role...
--
Thierry Laronde (Alceste) <tlaronde +AT+ polynum +dot+ com>
                http://www.kergis.com/