> 1. A simple example for a combined cpu/auth server, the 192.168.1.100
> machine, could be:
>
> ipnet=mynet ip=192.168.1.0 ipmask=255.255.255.0
>       auth=bouncer
>       cpu=cycles
>       dns=lookup
>       dnsdom=9fans.net
>
> authdom=9fans.net auth=bouncer

assuming that you mean authdom=myauthdom here,
and that "lookup" is actually an ip address, or
you have an entry for lookup like so
sys=lookup dom=lookup ip=ipaddress
i would think that you would also want to add
        authdom=myauthdom
to your ipnet.  this helps ipquery(8) and ndbipinfo(2)
find your auth domain correctly based on ip.

the example on the wiki may need updating.

> hostowner or other user). However having booted the terminal in this
> way I can only cpu to bouncer if I booted as bootes (the host owner)
> otherwise I get the following error message:

are you running auth/factotum (factotum(4))?