There is a version that is. Its source is with the library.

-
Curiosity sKilled the cat

G.

On Oct 3, 2009, at 11:26 AM, Fernan Bolando <fernanbola...@mailc.net> wrote:

On Sat, Oct 3, 2009 at 8:29 AM, Russ Cox <r...@swtch.com> wrote:
"In general, the File interface is appropriate for maintaining
arbitrary file trees (as in ramfs). The File interface is best avoided when the tree structure is easily generated as necessary; this is true
when the tree is highly structured (as in cdfs and nntpfs) or is
maintained elsewhere."

Is this referring to avoiding the usage of createfile and friends in
9pfile.h for highly structured trees?

Yes.  You can look at the named examples to see
the alternative.  My experience has been, well, what
it says in the man page: the File interface was an
interesting idea but is rarely useful.

I understand, what confused me was that ramfs is not using File/ createfile.
So even though ramfs could have taken advantage of the createfile
tools it didn't. why?

The only fileserver that I found that was actually using createfile is rdbfs.

regards
fernan

--
http://www.fernski.com