On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 11:00 PM, erik quanstrom <quans...@quanstro.net> wrote:
>> I dont know, but what is wrong with my configuration if I can mount
>> sources like unauthenticated...
>> mac0:~ fernan$ srv sources.cs.bell-labs.com sources
>> mac0:~ fernan$ mkdir ./tmp/c
>> mac0:~ fernan$ 9 mount `namespace`/sources ./tmp/c
>> top level name fuse in fuse.version is invalid
>> mac0:~ fernan$ lc ./tmp/c
>> 9grid   adm     contrib dist    extra   lsr     patch   plan9   wiki    xen
>> mac0:~ fernan$
>>
>> ....but not my cpu server???
>
> i'm confused.  your previous post had "srv -a".  i
> thought unauthenticated was "srv -A".
>
> you may also need -N.
>
> - erik

sorry for the confusion. I initially tried to mount my cpu server using
mac0:~ fernan$ srv thinktank tt
mac0:~ fernan$ 9 mount `namespace`/tt ./tmp/g
top level name fuse in fuse.version is invalid
9pfuse: fsmount: cannot attach as none before authentication

man srv yields
SYNOPSIS
 srv [ -an ] [ -k keypattern ] address [ srvname ]

" The -a option causes srv to post a pre-authenticated connec-
          tion to the file system aname (by default, the empty string;
          see attach(9p))."

...which led me to believe I needed to do an pre-authenticated
connection, but as Skip pointed might not be possible if p9p is
capable of doing authentication. This then led to the question "What
do I need to do to allow me mount my cpu server the same way as I can
mount sources?"

fernan

--
http://www.fernski.com