On Thu May  6 11:31:49 EDT 2010, fernanbola...@mailc.net wrote:
> On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 11:00 PM, erik quanstrom <quans...@quanstro.net> wrote:
> >> I dont know, but what is wrong with my configuration if I can mount
> >> sources like unauthenticated...
> >> mac0:~ fernan$ srv sources.cs.bell-labs.com sources
> >> mac0:~ fernan$ mkdir ./tmp/c
> >> mac0:~ fernan$ 9 mount `namespace`/sources ./tmp/c
> >> top level name fuse in fuse.version is invalid
> >> mac0:~ fernan$ lc ./tmp/c
> >> 9grid   adm     contrib dist    extra   lsr     patch   plan9   wiki    xen
> >> mac0:~ fernan$
> >>
> >> ....but not my cpu server???
> >
> > i'm confused.  your previous post had "srv -a".  i
> > thought unauthenticated was "srv -A".
> >
> > you may also need -N.
> >
> > - erik

[...]
> man srv yields
> SYNOPSIS
>  srv [ -an ] [ -k keypattern ] address [ srvname ]

i see now you were talking about p9p srv(4) not fossilcons(8)
srv.  sorry.

the difference with sources is sources allows attach as none.
i think you'll need to enable this with your listen via the
fossil console.

- erik

ps.  9fans.net/archive seems to be having a problem.
http://9fans.net/archive/2010/05/151 has turned '-' into
u+0096 (start of guarded area).  i no longer have the
original email, but it appeared normal when i read it.