On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 5:40 AM, erik quanstrom <quans...@quanstro.net> wrote:
> that doesn't look exactly like anything that plan
> 9 prints.  perhaps it printed one of these two
> messages?
>
>        (Bad format or )?I/O error
>        Press a key to reboot...

I don't see anything like that - perhaps there is some
key combo during bootup that will show me more
verbose startup info? I couldn't find anything in BIOS
setup for that.

> if so, the problem would be in pbs.  perhaps
> the comments in the source will help.  there are
> some limits where the booted partition can be
> on disk.

Sorry, which source?

Also, is this with regards to using /386/pbs versus
/386/pbslba during disk/format? I thought that was
only an issue if the first active partition is further
into the disk than some 8.5 GB? That isn't the case
here.

Thanks,
ak