On Mon, Mar 07, 2011 at 07:23:36AM -0500, erik quanstrom wrote:

> > in /dev/realmode, you write a struct Ureg (from /386/include/ureg.h)
> > (in x86 machine byte order?) containing the register contents and the
> > interrupt number of the bios call you want to make.
>
> yes.  you should use libmach to do this dirty work.

Erik, what have you got in mind?  Philosophically, you are perfectly
correct, but the implementation would seem like overkill to me.  Maybe a
libmach function to build the registers from user-mode values, but
surely not additional complexities in /dev/realmode to set registers,
shall we say, from user-mode text values?

++L