What I find really curious about the mouse vs keyboard argument is
that so few people are willing to test and quantify it. I ran into an
HCI researcher a while back and posed the mouse/keyboard question to
him and he just said "Fitts's law"(ie. that the mouse requires more
movement and therefore it *must* be inherently slower). Since the core
of Tog's argument is that the part of our cognition that looks things
up is inherently slower than our spatial interactions, I'm a bit
disappointed that people seem content to rely on intuition rather than
measurement to understand the problem.

Noah