I've been trying to port (GNU) bison to Plan 9 to make it easier
to get the Go release to compile under the Plan 9 native toolchain.
I needed to take a breather yesterday, it is just oh so frustrating!
Has anyone got bison ported yet?  I suppose I could try linuxemu (hadn't
thought of that!) in desperation, although I think I'll get there with
a fresh effort.

Where are the yacc experts?  The Go release desperately needs a yacc
advocate.  Desperately, as the Go Authors (you know who you are :-)
are hard to persuade when changes to the release are expansive.

I do appreciate their philosophy.  Looking at the amount of work that
goes into Go daily, I'm amazed at how hard they work and at the fact that
they can do any development on top of actively reviewing all submissions.

I was thinking that Google ought to employ someone to do just reviewing
(a small team), as suggested by Fred Brooks in the Mythical Man Month",
but I know that the quality persons required in that role would lose their
minds pretty quickly, no matter how good the tools available to them.

Anyway, I'm unhappily quagmired right now, I'll make some sort of
announcement when I find my way out.

++L

PS: The Go release will eventually slow down, one expects. At that point,
perhaps, one ought to apply a lavish amount of quality control.  Hm,
maybe a wish list can be the first step to that?  I have a few items...