> I am about to upgrade the disk on my cpu/disk server to a bigger one,
> and I want to maintain all the data. What is the most elegant way to
> do this? The new disk is blank.

Do you use Fossil with or without Venti?
There is many way to do it.

Without Venti, you could use replica(1) to copy your file system
from the old Fossil to the new Fossil.

With Venti, you could use venti/rdarena to export arenas from the
old Venti, then import them to the new Venti with venti/wrarena.
Finally, format the Fossil partition from the last Fossil score.

The new Venti should be already configured and running. You only
need read access to the old Venti arena partition.

You can do this by booting from another file server or using
the Plan 9 CD image.

See venti-backup(8).

--
David du Colombier