> Do you use Fossil with or without Venti?
> There is many way to do it.
>
> Without Venti, you could use replica(1) to copy your file system
> from the old Fossil to the new Fossil.

Fossil without Venti.

Work has kept me busy but now I finally managed to attach the new
drive to the system. Plan9 sees it as sdE1. The old drive is sdE0.

(Booting off sdE0. This server does not have a CDROM drive.)

old drive:

su# cat /dev/sdE0/ctl
inquiry SAMSUNG SP2004C
model   SAMSUNG SP2004C
serial  S07GJ10Y522190
firm    VM100-32
wwn     50000f0015522190
flag    lba llba smart nop
udma    6
reg     task 50 cmd 4c017 serr 0  ci 0 is 0 sig 101 sstatus 123
cmd     hpcp cr fr pod sud st
mode    auto sataii
geometry 390721968 512
part data 0 390721968
part plan9 63 390716865
part 9fat 63 204863
part nvram 204863 204864
part fossil 204864 389668289
part swap 389668289 390716865

new drive:

su# cat /dev/sdE1/ctl
inquiry WDC WD20EARS-00MVWB0
model   WDC WD20EARS-00MVWB0
serial  WD-WCAD-WCAZA9957825
firm    51.0AB51
wwn     50014ee2b0ed5bde
flag    lba llba smart nop ata8 sct
udma    6
reg     task 50 cmd 4c017 serr 0  ci 0 is 0 sig 101 sstatus 123
cmd     hpcp cr fr pod sud st
mode    auto sataii
geometry 3907029168 4096
part data 0 3907029168

The new drive is completely blank. It has 4096 byte sector size, and
disk/mbr fails.

su# disk/mbr -m /386/mbr /dev/sdE1/data
mbr: secsize 4096 invalid

How to get around this? I don't want to install another OS just to get
the MBR in...