On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 9:46 PM, Lucio De Re <lu...@proxima.alt.za> wrote:
> Is it too late to merge Plan 9, 9front and NIX by applying patches as
> the Go Authors do with their stuff?

The divergence is probably already too wide for merging with simple
patches, but 9front's changes are of course available to anyone. I
believe cinap has also submitted some of it back to Geoff.

On a related note: I don't believe the existence of the various forks
is necessarily an indicator of fractious intent. Rather, the forks
provide a "safe area" to explore changes and practices that are either
too new, too questionable, or simply too numerous to be considered for
inclusion in the Bell Labs release at the present time. It's natural
that like-minded individuals, sensing their common interest, will
congregate and undertake this sort of activity as a group.
Historically, forks of Plan 9 are nothing new. See: Plan B, Octopus,
9atom, etc.

Which brings me to the question of Nazi humor.

http://img.stanleylieber.com/src/12876/img/1322195554.jpg

-sl