I'd like to say here that I'm sorry if my mail in this thread
did hurt any feelings. That was not my aim, again.

I know all of us keep a local copy in one way or another,
but I'd like to suggest that all of us keep on sending patches and
code to bell labs; that's the least we can do, considering the
excellent code base those guys gave us in the first place.

Regarding the codereview suggestion, nix is already under
code review, and we intend it to be not just a research system, but
also a kernel that could be used as a 64bits plan 9 system. All of you
are more than welcome to send CLs there.

Also, we are trying to make our changes in a way that they could
help the stock distribution, which is, again, what I said would be
better than doing them in incompatible ways.

cheers