> I have read on the wiki that there is a 5c, for ARM 32bits
> little-endian, but that there is no flash memory support.

i boot my openrd from flash.

> Unfortunately, it happens that in France, for small enterprises (not to
> say independant worker like me), we are not a worthy target. And the
> hardware can not be bought directly but only from VAR. (I was looking
> for example for Coraid products---I don't what put me this name in the
> head...).

i believe alissio (sp) is a reseller in france.  you can contact me off list
for more information.

> But I still want to experiment with WORM (more kenfs I think) and I have
> this ARMv5 thing at disposal.
>
> Since it has u-boot installed and that the mapping of the flash is given
> does one know if one could build a Plan9 kernel, write it (via
> u-boot) to the flash and be able to boot?
>
> Here are the dmesg from the installed Linux kernel (note: it has GbE,
> but it was accessed through a network with a 100Mb switch, hence the
> speed reported on the interface):

i have some experience with the marvell ferceron, and they are similar to
the plug computers/open rd, but most of the memory mapping will be
different.

if your want your focus to be on the file server, and not porting to arm,
it would be more efficient to use the existing 386 port.