Carl Phillips <cphill...@setcc.com> wrote:
 |On 08/07/13 13:06, Steffen Daode Nurpmeso wrote:
 |> Now i only fail to get it working in VirtualBox; both of 4.2.14
 |> (June 21th, 86644) and 4.2.16 (86992) hang after "init: starting
 |> /bin/rc" with 100% CPU time ("Live CD": ~28%).  I hope i find some
 |> time to try it on an old but physical Athlon system on some
 |> weekend...:(
 |
 |Is the storage controller set to IDE? 9atom doesn't seem to like

Yes.  It's PIIX3(chipset; ICH9: southbridge not found) / no I/O
APIC / PAE/NX / PIIX3( / 82540EM / USB / no serial bus.

The only thing which comes to my (user-space only) attention is
`igbe: unusable PciCLS: 0, using 8 longs'.  Otherwise anything
looks good to me, except that, whatever i do, we loop hanging
after `init: starting /bin/rc'.

 |VirtualBox SATA as the hard disk/cdrom type. Also disable the Enable
 |absolute pointing device option if set and you might need the VirtualBox

Never set.

 |Extension Pack installed.

This i don't have.  I'm using the freeware version.

 |Most of the other VirtualBox options don't seem to influence things too
 |badly (on a quick trial).

--steffen