Quoting Blake McBride <bl...@mcbride.name>:

What I am beginning to understand from comments like this is that there is
a "club Plan-9".  Everything ever done by the originators of "club Plan-9"
is correct, period.  No mater what exceptions, special cases, or good new
ideas occur, they are wrong and we will find some way of rationalizing
"club Plan-9".  Anyone can join "club Plan-9" if you buy into that
assumption.  The main purpose of Plan-9 forks (with some exceptions) is to
port to new hardware.  Messing with the premise of "club Plan-9" is
significantly frowned upon and attacked.

Just a newbie's (with 35 years experience) perception.

eagerly awaiting your discoveries regarding wetness of water