> Or have we completely degenerated into a "my fork is better than
> yours" contest?

i hope we haven't.  but i might be guilty myself.  unfortunately,
so many small, tight bugfixes go unapplied or rejected.  "maybe"
seems to count as rejection.  it's hard to keep up the spirit.

i don't blame anybody.  reviewing patches is hard, and thankless.
and speaking for myself, submitters are sure the world revolves around
their favorite patch.

but imho, plan 9 would be better for more patches being applied.
i'm willing to put my money where my mouth is.