i got the impression that sources were in some inconsistent state.

if the only change is the new system call, isn't it sufficient to:

* pull only /sys/src/9
* build the kernels you need and install on boot medium
* reboot
* pull again and rebuild all the binaries

since existing binaries would work on the new kernel?