On 12/02/2014 10:40 AM, plann...@sigint.cs.purdue.edu wrote:
On Mon, Dec 01, 2014 at 08:08:04PM -0800, erik quanstrom wrote:
On Sat, 29 Nov 2014 20:46:08 +0100, Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult wrote:
So, how would a Plan9 solution for these usecases look like ?

In fact, I intend to rewrite network-manager to some 9p-based solution,
so I'd like to discuss this carefully before starting to lennert up
something stupid.
has it occured to you to try the system out as is?  nobody else has
asked for it to be more unix like in the same way.  perhaps there's
good reason for it to be the way it is.
To be fair, he's not talking about using Plan 9, just leveraging something
factotum-like under Linux.  I think he should be commended for spreading
the 9love in the face of rampant Lennartism, quixotic though it may be.

Lennartism is about breaking with orthodoxy. This is entirely in keeping with it.

--

Wes Kussmaul
The Authenticity Institute

“Try this fruit, and by the way if a bunch of people collectively calling
themselves Arthur Andersen signs something it’s the same as if a person named
Arthur Andersen signed it.”

        - The Serpent