cinap_len...@felloff.net wrote:
What VMare version do you use ?
VMware Player 6.0.2 build-1744117. win7 64 bit.
but what difference does it make? you have to look at the evidence, not
version numbers that dont tell you anything.
Absolutely true, it makes no difference. But I'm trying to fulfill a crazy request of a client ... being sure that he will throw away all old stuff in a few months.
So I'm looking for a whatever, time inexpensive solution.

Anyway, as you suggested, the problem seems to be the downloaded bz2.

Downloaded again. SHA not verified
Repeated 4 times the install procedure following - slavishly - my notes
with several changes in the virtual hw config.
Perfectly up and running 4 times in a few minutes each.

For who could find it useful, this works

 * Windows 7 *32 bit*
 * VMware 9.0.4
 * 9front-5368.b4963e7e3204.iso.bz2
 * cwfs64x
 * VM: 1GB Ram, 8GB IDE HD, mbr, USB2.0, NIC

Thanks a lot to cinap and all other 9fans who kindly spent their time to help.

adriano