Sure, and that's the 'quoted equality sign' dexen was complaining about in
the first place.

When you're hand-writing a command it probably becomes muscle memory pretty
quickly, but for people who often copy-paste commands or run them straight
out of files, I'm sure they've been aggravated by this far more often than
they've used rc's = syntax for its intended purpose.

Sean