Thanks, Giacomo. I have no illusions of being the smartest person in the
room or anything above mediocre, but I think there's a good chance the
people at Bell Labs were in that category. Hopefully, if I try to follow
their design ideas, I can at least play at being smart for a bit. And, if I
do as much as possible in user-space, Google's lack of openness hopefully
won't be too great an obstacle. This is the first thing I've been excited
about in a long time, I'm going to at least take a shot, even if working
hard at something doesn't necessarily mean it'll pan out.

(Besides, I already have a name for the project in my head: "gihnurshk." It
stands for "It's pronounced 'nurshk'.")

Thanks!
Marshall