On Sat, Feb 3, 2018, at 9:39 AM, lchg wrote:
> As I know,  fossil/venti file system is log-structured,  so it may be
> good for flash devices, especially in extending life of flash devices.
As far as I know the device itself will even the wear by remapping the
blocks it presents to the computer. I remember documentation for Linux
jffs saying there's no point using it on removable flash storage because
it does that, it's only raw flash memory ICs which need filesystem
support. I'm sure SSDs do their own wear leveling too, because, like
removable flash storage, they're sold for use with fat32, ntfs, etc.
--
The lyf so short, the craft so long to lerne. -- Chaucer