i forgot to mention: if you are confused why valuable contributions to
another fork are not included in 9front, and you don't know why,
please come and talk to us about it. either we didn't see it or
there's a architectural decisions or goals that don't align with
9front.

in general if you can advance plan9 9front would love to take part.
multiple people track very closely what is happening elsewhere, though
there's definitely some randomness involved, and a selection process
to prevent bad decisions from piling up.

we have a wish to stay compatible as much as possible. even
questionable changes in mainline were integrated when there was no
other way.

we have a mailing list, so it doesn't matter whether you irc or not.