Rudolf Sykora <rudolf.syk...@gmail.com> writes:

> environment. I want to be working on my home desktop, realize what
> time it is, run out the door to catch my train, open my laptop on the
> train, continue right where I left off, close the laptop, hop off the
> train, sit down at work, and have all my state sitting there on the
> monitor on my desk, all without even thinking about it.

It sounds like you want to check out Nemo's work, over at LSUB, on the
Octopus, Olive, Omero, and Plan B:

http://lsub.org/export/oman.pdf
http://lsub.org/export/otut.pdf
http://lsub.org/ls/export/octopus.pdf
http://lsub.org/ls/export/omero.pdf
http://lsub.org/ls/export/uidemo.pdf
http://lsub.org/who/nemo

etc.

They seem to WRITE a lot about and demo their ideas, but I've never been
able to find anything from them that's actually usable.  (If anyone can
find actual code/documentation, please post so the rest of us can
benefit from it.  Thanks!)