Mayuresh Kathe writes:

> just so that i know, are you targeting plan9 users for your version
> of 'mh'? if yes, will they be interested in migrating away from the
> way they are working currently, i.e. with acme and upas?

Yes, and no.

Yes, in that I intend this MH to fully integrate with the Plan9
environment (upas, plumber, factotum) when run there.  That will
come with time.  The first step is to get the existing code building
and running, with a very basic inc(1) interface that pulls from the
user's inbox (just like with UNIX).

No, in that there will never be a "one true MUA" any more than there
is *any* "one true X" for any value of X.  On Plan9[1] I am constantly
moving back and forth between nedmail, acme Mail, and a basket
full of my own programs, depending on the task at hand.  The upas
filesystem interface makes the latter a breeze to implement.

MH is just another nugget in that basket of tools.

--lyndon

[1] Not just Plan9.  On UNIX systems I can't keep count of the number
of MUAs, MSAs, and the like I use, and almost always in parallel.  Again,
which tool I use is dictated by what I'm trying to accomplish at the
moment.