> Yep. I might be able to understand that change, but less so the later
> breaking change to 9p auth.

What 9p change for auth are you talking about?

The dp9ik implementation in 9front just uses p9any to negotiate
it and p9sk1 is still supported; tho by default we have p9sk1
disabled at the authentication server now to prevent the offline
dictionary attack on the DES encrypted tickets that p9sk1 uses
(tho it can be enabled by a flag in the authservers startup script).

The code changes to have both auth protocols work concurrently
was actually the thing that took the most work and it took
over a year of transition period until we could disable
p9sk1 by default.

I'm not aware of anyone changing 9p.

--
cinap