Thanks for asking kvik! I just realised the original references could
have been more direct. I added a readme listing the original version
and the authors.
Thank you khm, for the quick references!

If you want to use the C version with plan9port, you'll need to change
post9pservice(pfd[0], srv);
post9pservice(pfd[0], srv, nil);

Please also note, that during the rewrite go runtime caught that nwq
can be 0 here:
srv.c:538
srv.c:541
The go version now has nwq > 0.